Planning a Summer Vacation? Try Amsterdam
Of all the possible places you must try visiting in summer, Amsterdam is perhaps right at the very top of the list. Of course, you’ve heard of why you should try visiting the tropical ones because these places have great beaches, or that you should visit the cooler ones so you don’t get too much heat; well, try Amsterdam, so you’ll get all of that, and more.
Amsterdam: The Best of Many Worlds
If you’re wondering what to do in Amsterdam, especially in the summer, here’s a list of all that you can do.
- Amsterdam is the City of Festivals, especially in the summer. In case you come from a city that boasts of only one festival in a year, Amsterdam is not that city. Amsterdam is a city that proudly celebrates more than three hundred yearly festivals. And, get this: most of those festivals happen in the summer. That being said, you can see why it would be a good idea to visit Amsterdam in the summer season, because then, you’ll be celebrating several festivals along with the locals.
- In Amsterdam, the barbecues happen in the park. Sure, you’ve probably had your family barbecues in your backyard (or in your neighbor’s backyard), and yes, these barbecues might have been a lot of fun. For the Dutch capital, however, the barbecues are experienced on a whole new level, because they’re held in the park. Hence, you can enjoy those grilled goodies with more people, being at the park and all.
- Amsterdam locals are proud about many things. But among those many things, one of the biggest and most significant is the fact that Amsterdam has utterly clean water. This cleanliness is something that stretches from your drinking water and on to the open waters, which means only one thing. In Amsterdam, you can very well swim out in the open, especially in the summer.
- Looking for Weekend Amsterdam events? Check out the free theater that they put up in the park. This is will definitely be a treat for all those who are artsy in their preferences or inclinations. At the same time, it’s always good for those who don’t always get to enjoy a free show where they come from. The arts are given so much value in Amsterdam, so you can get to enjoy a show for free.
- If you’re not much of a fan of the theater arts, then maybe this one will grab your attention. Amsterdam also boasts of a free cinema on the rooftop or on the beach. So, what are you waiting for? Make new friends on your first few days and get out with them to watch a chick flick by the beach side or on a random cafe’s rooftop. While you’re at it, be sure to get some amazing Dutch beer, too.
So, there you have it: all the many reasons to visit Amsterdam, or to choose Amsterdam, in case you’re looking for somewhere to go in the coming summer days.
PS: The Amsterdam weekend coach trips are also (always) a good idea.